View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #83
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: Is TDK's Joker the greatest cinematic villian of all time?

Whether TDK's Joker is the greatest cinematic villain ever really comes down to personal opinion. I can't for the life of me be bothered to begin to compile a list of best screen villains because there are just too damn many of them, I said before it's easier to have a collective group than a ranked list. That said, I think there's something about the Joker character that makes him perhaps the greatest villain for an actor to portray. To date we've had 3 live action interpretations of the Joker - Ledger, Nicholson and Romero, each one of them memorable, two of which are considered up there with the best movie villains, you add to that Hamil's voice performance and you've got 4. That's 4 versions of the same character, each unique in their own right, each of which is loved by many people. When the character returns in a few years time like he eventually will it will be one of the most sort after roles in Hollywood. So the question I guess is not so much if TDK's Joker is the greatest cinematic villain, but rather is the The Joker character the greatest cinematic/live action villain of all time?

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote