View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #179
Bat-Mite
Side-Kick

Default Re: Underrated CB movies

Batman Returns. Keaton was great as Bats once again, Pfeiffer totally killed it as Catwoman, and Devito was having so much fun that he's just fun to watch every moment that he's on screen. And when he's not hamming it up, he does a great job at portraying the tormented, raging, alienated side of Burton's Penguin.

Extra points for the penguin army marching with rockets and the iconic image of Bruce Wayne standing in front of the projected bat signal.

This is one of those movies that people seem to either love or hate, and there's lots of people that can't stand it. I think it was better than the first, personally. Burton had more passion for it because they let him do what he wanted to do, and that passion really shines through. Not only would I say that it's underrated, I'd also say that (on the big screen, at least) it's the most unique take on a mainstream superhero's world that we've ever been given.

You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility... A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

- Ash, Alien
Bat-Mite is offline   Reply With Quote