View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 03:47 AM   #48
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Default Re: Hans Zimmers: Scoring Bats vs Supes AND Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
The Batman scores are interesting in that, yes, they re-use a lot of material but at the same time both TDK and TDKR introduce a TON of new music. TDKR especially. Each film kind of has its own musical identity, IMO.

Zimmer answered about how I expected he would. Kind of torn but somewhat interested. I'm glad he mentioned doing a new Batman theme, it's mandatory IMO. I don't want to hear Barbastella pounding the subwoofer when I see Batfleck for the first time. It'd be like cheating an emotional response. The same way it would've been if they had used Elfman's theme for Batman Begins.
Well said. Mentally he was done with Batman but chances are he will do this movie. It would be an interesting scenario, as if Elfman had to come in and provide something different to what he did before. What would it sound like?

I like Zim's TDK trilogy Bat scores, but the complete scores, the cues as they appear in the film, really elevates the appreciation on my end. Goldenthal was good, but not to the level of Elfman or Zimmer, IMO.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote