View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #752
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Hemsworth talks Thor!

You had to shed the muscle weight you gained for The Avengers and lose 30 pounds before you started shooting Rush. As Ron Howard puts it, "Thor could never fit in an F1 car." How did you do it?
It was pretty brutal. I've said it before, but my wife [Elsa Pataky] was pregnant at the time and I had more symptoms of a pregnant woman than she did. I was moody and hungry all the time. I understood addiction for the first time, to be honest. I immediately knew what it is like to be truly at the mercy of something. Literally, food was the last thing I thought about before I went to bed and the first think I thought about when I woke up. I ate very little protein and carbohydrates. And then I'd just run to sweat it off.

Are you getting tired of playing Thor?
No, as long as I get to squeeze in other things and do stuff in between that inspires me, which I'm managing to do. To be part of something that people love -- whether it's Thor on his own or Thor in The Avengers -- is a chance you get once in your career, if at all. I'm not going to complain about it, certainly, but it's a challenge each time you do it because you don't want to fall into just Thor, just being a two-dimensional character.
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing. What is the source?

You go Chris. You are Thor. Love his appreciation for the role and the opportunity. This debunks all of the garbage rumors about how there was unrest among the cast.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote