View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
seahammer
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Immortal Iron Fist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
I'd love an Iron Fist movie.

Place him in Detroit or Chicago or some city other than New York, as it would make a nice change of pace.

It could even link to or set up some other fantastical aspect ...
Good topic, Droidwarrior. I agree with these parts completely! (I thought this would be cleaner than just bolding the parts I agree with). As for how to bring IF to the screen, I agree with metaphysician:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I think, practically speaking, a Heroes for Hire movie would be more likely. It lets you play off two kinds of 70s style, as well as a buddy cop motif. Doesn't mean you can't still do the whole Immortal Iron Fist arc, it just means that comes later.
I would go for a Heroes for Hire movie first for a couple of reasons. One, "real-estate" might be tight in the MCU film schedule. Two, IF is more well known as a Hero for Hire, not a solo act. And three, I think Heroes for Hire would be a neat concept from the get-go, but doing separate IF and PM movies, then putting the heroes together in a team up later, might start to lose its novelty (with Avengers 1 and 2 and Batman/Superman).

Having said that, you wouldn't hear a single peep of complaint from me if IF did get his own movie! I like what you said about having some connections to other mystical parts of the MCU, especially Dr. Strange.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote