View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #160
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
That's not true. It was advertised well enough in the UK. I saw it advertised in various places that the general public would have seen. If people didn't go and watch it then it's because they didn't want to. I don't know about the US but that's the case in the UK.

People are obviously just becoming bored with Wolverine. The fact his solo movies don't do as well proves he isn't as palatable to the general audience outside of a team. You can't blame people getting fatigued over Wolverine when he has been in five movies prior to TW. He's not fresh anymore. I expect DOFP will dwarf TW in box office takings. An ensemble is much more appealing to people after multiple other X-Men related movies, especially as older characters are returning. It feels fresh again.
Advertising or not (of which I don't remember seeing any & I'm also in the UK), my friends & colleagues all know & talk about Man of Steel (whether they like it or not) & know about Iron Man 3. I've not heard one person talk about this Wolverine film and I almost forgot myself that it was coming out this year. That's not possible with most blockbusters, even the ones I'm trying to avoid! And people aren't going to get fatigued if they don't even know it's out.

We don't know how well his solo movies would do if done well and with high awareness levels as his 1st one was garbage and not of the level you would expect from a 1st solo Wolverine film. You couldn't judge Batman's box office potential if Batman & Robin had been the 1st Batman film.