Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Who do you think?
You and ten of your friends? No clue.
Quote:
You're ignoring this thing called context.
I asked when did the movie tell us what superman did was the right thing, you answered it was when the world was saved.
Your simple answer led to my simple assertion.
Quote:
Then what, exactly, is your criteria?
How do I know when something is right or wrong? I don't, it's almost always up for debate. When it's not a saturday morning cartoon anyways.
Quote:
...isn't Superman.
Doesn't matter. Cap isn't beyond seeing killing as a viable option, that simple fact doesn't then have people suggesting he's a "ticking time bomb".

Quote:
I'm not saying Superman is either. But...

"...you don’t know 100 percent what he’s going to do."

"When you put in stone the concept that he won’t kill, and it’s totally in stone, it really erases an option in the viewer’s mind…"

"If he sees Lois get hurt, or his mother get killed, you just made a really mad Superman that we know is capable of some really horrible stuff, if he wants to be."

Not sure what else he could've meant.
Probably meant, that like batman, superman is no longer seen as a 2 dimensional hero.

This EXACT same thing has been said of batman. There are 2 recent occasions where the audience(readers in this case) didn't know if batman was going to kill the joker. That's probably due to the fact that the character isn't being played by adam west. Dimension, it's a good thing.

Death of the Family
The killing joke
DKR(for good measure).

Last edited by Marvin; 09-06-2013 at 04:16 PM.