View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 12:37 AM   #647
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 1

I enjoyed "Birds of a Feather". I always felt sorry for Oswald in this ep. b/c he was serious about reforming and trying to fit in with society or "high society" anyway. Walker's operatic score was superb as well.

Robins Reckoning parts 1 and 2 were both excellent and very mature eps. The animation in this ep. was top notch as well. Timm and co. did a sublime job introducing Robin's origins. This ep. had a ton of great/memorable moments starting with the opening action sequence at the construction site. I also dig the Matches Malone and Stromwell cameos as well as that retro Batman costume during some of the flashbacks. I wouldn't had mind seeing a spinoff series of Batman in his early years with that costume. The best moments of the ep. are probably seeing the growing bond between young Bruce and Dick. I also liked the twist (no pun intended) during the climax as Batman takes on Zucco and his gang with a twisted knee at an abandoned carnival. Overall very well made and emotional episode. I always begin to choke up during that conversation with Batman and Robin at the end of part 2. And eventhough I believe Robin/ Dick was utilized well on the show before this ep. "Robin's Reckoning" really added more dimension to Robin on the show, imho. As well as to Batman/Bruce and Robin/Dick's relationship.

Oh and I love how most of both eps. Zucco was scared of Batman, but by the end is then scared of Robin. Clever casting Biff from BTTF as Zucco's voice.

Last edited by Elevator Man; 09-07-2013 at 12:49 AM.