View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #57
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: The Twilight/Hunger Games demographic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
First of, comparing Twilight, The Hunger Games, and even Harry Potter is not a good idea. They're VERY different, they have different character types, setting, plots. themes, etc, they're DIFFERENT. Also, HP and HG are actually good, while Twilight is a blight on literature. Runaways would be the obvious choice. I always kind of saw Inhumans as closer to Game of Thrones myself. Avengers Academy is another possibility.
Game of Thrones type betrayals happen in these teen books all the time, not as gory perhaps, but I've never seen the Inhumans royal family gutted either. The focus is simply a young person who rocks the boat who is from or brought into that world.... cue Crystal. The Inhumans are the ideal property to reach the market. Runaways comes close, but any chance it had of being made is gone, so... scarcely worth mentioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
In my opinion, if Marvel really wants to capture the Twilight/Hunger Games demographic, they should release a series of books similar to Twilight/Hunger Games first. Then if it became a best-seller, do a movie adaptation.
That's the safest way, of course, then you have to actually write such a book series... and it be good, and that's not their area of expertise. They genuinely might be better off making a really good TPB series and launching into a movie that way. From marketing you can sell the story of this young girl who's caught into this strange world with some pseudo-love interest and an element of danger that only she can overcome through her unique position in the universe and a bit of reckless bravery.

That should be enough... it's not like everyone who went to see Hunger Games had read the books, y'know?

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote