View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #998
random_havoc
Last Remaining Sentry Fan

Default Re: Star Trek Into Darkness - Part 5

I could tell by the first part of the movie that no decent thought had been put into STID. Explain this to me: Why was the Enterprise in the water? If your answer is anything other than some idiot wanted to show a scene he thought would look cool despite no rational reason for it to happen, you're wrong.

Was it to hide the ship from local inhabitants? Guess what, THAT'S WHAT STAYING IN ORBIT IS FOR!
And if they really needed to enter the atmosphere, THAT'S WHAT SHUTTLES ARE FOR!

Idiots. I could go on ad nauseum but that's all I should have to say. Making starships irrelevant with super transporting and death meaningless via superblood (which they now have a whole crew's worth of) is just icing on the cake.

It's not a Star Trek movie. It's thoughtless dribble.

If you could enjoy it for the sake of the flashy lights and special effects, good for you. Just please don't argue it's actually a quality movie. It's mindlessness incarnate.