View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #117
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Default Re: > Design FOX's Production AGENDA since DOFP (2014-2022)

2015: complete REBOOT. have the original 5 xmen. Mutants have been only been myth but now their in the public eye. The O5 are teens, and the series should play out similar to the Ultimate Xmen Comics, with humans having an incredibly hateful attitude towards mutants. I should be leaving the cinema in tears dammit.

NO WOLVERINE. the character is way too overexposed, even in the comics. The whole Jean romance stuff is getting stale. Also I've ALWAYS found the Jean-Logan thing weird. The O5 are approximately the same age as Spidey (so Beast is about 25-27 years old, strange right?) and Logan has the appearance of a 40-50 year old man, so by time the whole jean love thing happened she was 20-23 years old, I just find that strange.

Also mutations of another random characters should be DISGUSTING. people with bird faces, laying eggs. Horrific disfigurements that should scare people.

Violent attacks on the mutant community, mass murder, terrorism, kids being killed by parents. I have to feel how hard it is to be a mutant.

It would be kinda cool if Marvel and Fox did a deal. I thought it would be cool to see the sentinels be built by Sam Rockwells character from iron man 2. And a scene dealing with why the superheroes have done nothing to help mutants. But a world without heroes seems way more darker and crueler, it would be way more emotional

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Think besides Croods, Wolverine was their highest grosser this year.
Nope their highest grosser was wolverine. Fox only get 8% of the gross from the Croods. Fox really need their Marvel properties to take off, they are desperate for franchises, that's why they pump out Ice Ages and Die Hards. The fact a sequel to Percy Jackson was even green-lit is embarrassing. They also put out a narnia movie after all the other studios thought the franchise was toxic. We're also getting Rio 2 next year. So I imagine Fox will continue to make X films for as long as they turn a profit. Good for fans, but bizarre business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
This is assuming that Fox can also do a live action TV series based on The New Mutants with a roster of Jubilee, Cannonball, Meltdown, Surge, Chamber, Prodigy, and Hellion.
Fox can't make a show. Neither can disney even though disney have the rights. If disney/marvel were to make a show with the x-characters, Fox could sue claiming that Disney is trying to imply a connection to the x franchise that Fox currently have. This happened with a show called "mutant x" from some time ago.

Last edited by GenUsername; 09-07-2013 at 06:59 PM.
GenUsername is offline   Reply With Quote