View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #922
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrlntDsgse View Post
You've got a point as far as X-Men goes...but Spider-Man is a possibility. Oscorp building from ASM was going to be part of the New York skyline in Avengers, but was not done due to time constraints. Sony might be willing to include Spidey in the MCU in the future if they and Marvel/Disney can work out an equitable deal.
Yeah, I think a Fox-Marvel merger will never happen, because Fox is already a huge studio and financially sound. They can afford to have X-Men and FF movies flop, and aren't under any pressure or obligation to get their Marvel properties released, unlike Sony, who pretty much *depends* on the Spidey movies to stay solvent.

Sony has a better relationship with Marvel Studios. Sony could use the boost from Avenger/MCU connections. Working Spidey into a shared MCU is a helluva lot easier than trying to retcon a whole timeline to include X-Men mutants and a decades-old mutie vs. human war.

My money is on Vin's comments referring to Spidey being revealed to be part of the MCU. And I think it'll be through a Spider-Man/Daredevil Team-Up, with Vin Diesel starring as Kingpin.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014