View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #12
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Default Re: Are you tired of Iron Man being overexposed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
That's a flawed argument. You can also argue that no MCU film broke a billion until The Avengers were realized. I still enjoyed it but to me Iron Man 3 was the weakest MCU film yet. Why is it the highest grossing Iron Man? Momentum. Everyone saw the Avengers and now everyone wants to see what happens next.

I just hope Thor can ride that momentum as well despite the ill received Mandarin twist.
I said $1 Billion or even 1/2 a billion. Every movie with Downey has done > $500 M. Every movie without him has barely scraped by into sequel range, or in the case of the Incredible Hulk? Failed to. They're dancing with what brought them there...a character who is thus far, their only proven star.

I also think you grossly exaggerate the general public's reaction to the Mandarin twist. Maybe 5% of the people who bought tickets were angered by the twist. We as fans are a infinitesimal part of the film going population. If we had all decided to boycott this movie, it still would've been a monstrous success.

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative

Last edited by KangConquers; 09-08-2013 at 04:20 PM.
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote