View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #71
Visualiza
What is a yout?

Default Re: Marvel Films vs DC Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
The Spirit is Not a DC character and the movie was not made by WB (or licensed to other Studio by WB as they don't own the character)

DC simply published some Spirit comics at some time under agreement with the creators.

Catwoman movie has nothing in common with the character as it appears in Batman comics, it was similar in name only, so calling it as DC property is debatable.
There goes that logic again. The Spirit now falls under the DC umbrella; there was even a crossover with Batman some years ago.

As for Catwoman...the fact that it was a complete reimagining of the character is neither here nor there; by that logic you could say that Blade wasn't a Marvel movie because he wasn't a Brit, among the other drastic changes to his mythology, look, and personality. He may as well have been Samoan while they were at it.

Look, I'm not trying to engage in a pissing contest; all I'm saying is that both teams have had their hits and misses, and dismissing one property from under their umbrella for whatever perceived fallacy is just a fool's errand. That's the kind of thing people do to feel comfortable in their own skin, and since I doubt any of us have any sort of ownership in either DC or Marvel, I just don't see the point.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote