View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #69
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvilDog View Post
Superman vs The Elite. Never read the comic but liked the animated movie. How close was the animated movie to the comics?

Surprise of surprises for me, it actually did not deviate all that much. There's some extra stuff thrown in to expand the story, and they leave out Luthor being Prez, as he was at the time the story was published, and the location of the finale is changed, but other than that it's basically the same.

I am a defender of MOS, and it's climax. I found myself loving the movie despite the ending, maybe even because of it. But that does not mean it did not make me feel a little uneasy. The initial Elite story is just such a great encapsulation of what Superman is all about. I even remember visiting my parents and throwing it in the ole blu ray player and my grandma (she's a Batman fan actually) when listening to Superman's speech at the end said "I can't believe that Superman is making me want to tear up right now."

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.