View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 04:21 AM   #373
dark_b
Side-Kick

Default Re: Neill Blomkamp’s next project... ELYSIUM? - Part 1

this is the problem with movies that are so mediocre that they are empty. they dont evoke emotions.
i still think that its better to have a movie that is loved and HATED than to have a movie that noone cares.
the concept for elysium is very complex,deep and important for modern times. the fact that noone talks about it tells you a lot about the movie.

the acting was decent,effects one of the best in 10 years and the casting was pefect. yes casting Foster in this movie was perfect casting. giving a bad performance is the problem of the director and studio. Foster can do better. Kruger was a fantastic 80's villain with an accent that worked in the movie.but the story is meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. and in 2013 its not enough to have good effects.

having good cgi in 2013 is like fastfood. everyone can get it everytwhere. i this year watched 5 movies with good effects. so? next year and in 2015 it will be the same. i saw every possible action with vehicles,space ships,fighting,weapons and destruction. i saw everything.

look at the BO. only someone who is a D9 fanatic could spin this into something positive. this is still very bad even for a R rated movie. i am sorry.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=elysium.htm

this movie was my top 3 anticipated movies in the last 5 years. its a 7/10 movie.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote