View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #154
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I'd love to see Tom write a script, act in and direct a movie one day. It would certainly be a challenge but I think that he would love the excitement said challenge would bring as a true lover of the acting craft.

Anyways, I was thinking, what if Loki's sanity has been compromised because as a result of his exile and traveling through time and space he's seen several realities and he's mixed up as to which memory of which dimensional reality is the one that he comes from. I daresay it could provide a writer with nods to the myths as well as direct reference to the continuity of several of the Marvel Thor comics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
If you just look at Loki's face when he first arrives on Earth at the beginning of Avengers, you can tell that he's been through some rough stuff. He looks like a drug addict who hasn't slept for days.
Yeah, one of my favorite pre-Avengers articles was where he talks about the 7th circle of hell:
Quote:
There was a gap between Thor and The Avengers, and we see at the beginning of The Avengers that some… “stuff” has happened.

Yes.

And we still haven’t really gotten into it in detail. We get a hint at the end of the film. Did Joss [Whedon] fill you in on that? Was that vital to your character?

Yeah, we talked about it a lot. We talked about this idea that Loki disappears through that wormhole of space and time, when the Bifrost is destroyed, and he kind of goes through the Seventh Circle of Hell. And he’s on his own. He’s on his own in the dark corners of the universe, and the journey he goes on is pretty horrible. It’s like getting lost in the rainforest or something. You’re going to come out the other side a bit mangled on the outside, and on the inside....
There's also a description in one of the children's novelizations (that just covers the very first part of the movie) of Avengers that has him actually having to claw his way through the portal (really wish they had done that in the film)

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote