View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #446
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanGoesToRio View Post
The end of TDKR just doesn't feel right. I was hoping for something like Bruce realizing that he always will be Batman and that Gotham will always need Batman. The Dark Knight Rises.... and stays.
Gross.

That would have been extremely boring to me. A lack of creativity. I can read any comic or watch any past or future Batman movie if I wanted an ending like that, where Batman carries on forever. If a director has nothing new to say, they should just not say anything at all. That's how I feel now.

Gotham will always need Batman, and that's what we got. It's just done without Bruce. Batman needs to carry through every generation. 200 years later, Gotham may need Batman and there won't be a Bruce Wayne to do it, but Batman lives on no matter what. It worked with Batman Beyond and I feel it worked better here because we didn't have to actually see some different character under the cowl. Or see some depressing 80 year old Bruce not being able to do anything other than bark orders & walk around all miserable for entire stories. Which I like in Beyond but it gets depressing to watch sometimes. So I feel like Nolan took a bit of that concept but didn't subject us to such an extreme story.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote