View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #19
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Should Stryfe or Selene be the villain for the X-Force movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
^ Agree, would have loved to have seen Xavier go out and find the mutants from Canada, the U.S., Germany, Japan, Scotland, Russia and Africa. Now that would have been an amazing start to an amazing series.

In fact I kind of wish that this could be where they go if they ever decide to reboot...
Yes, it would make a great reboot concept. The international flavour of the new X-Men would surely help the movie have greater global appeal too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
Anyway, I can't agree with you about X-Force not at least being affiliated with the X-Men. The "X" is in there for a reason!

They have already gone too far away from the comic book canon, and I don't want to see them go further. Starting with New Mutants for just one movie allows for Cable (and Domino) to be brought in, which would set up the X-Force to be really good. Imagine a starting X-Force with Cable, Domino, Feral, Shatterstar, Cannonball and Boom Boom? Now that is something I'd pay for. But no, they will include Wolverine and Deadpool because those characters are popular. But this is where Fox loses in the whole super hero movie department.

We need an origin movie for X-Force, and that means at least one movie with the New Mutants!!!!!
That could be an option, yep. How do they bring in Cable and Domino though? Where do those two come from? How do they end up at the mansion in the movieverse (presuming the mansion is still around, it probably will be in the fixed timeline after DoFP).

But I don't think your first X Force roster will happen. They'll definitely add Deadpool and <sigh> probably include Wolverine. I just hope Wolverine isn't Cable (as in Ultimate X-Men), but I fear that's the road Fox will go down.