View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #104
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: Hans Zimmers: Scoring Bats vs Supes AND Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Zimmer has way more range than Williams. Williams vs Zimmer on one iconic track, Williams wins every time. It's the in between stuff the subtle, slow, building moments where Zimmer wins 9/10 times against Williams. Had you heard an entire Williams soundtrack? Very boring. Again just listen to the entire Last Samurai Soundtrack and there will be nothing else to discuss.

Here we go again with the Williams/Zimmer debate. It's fine if you prefer Zimmer over Williams, but to say Hans has more range than John Williams b/c of his Last Samurai score is absurd. One score by Hans proves that he has more range than Williams? Really? Look at Williams resume. He's been scoring movies while Zimmer was still in diapers. The man scored all kinds of genres before and after SW:ANH. The man is still one of the most diverse composers in the industry working today. Plus Williams actually writes his own music without the help of additional composers unlike HZ. I agree that Zimmer does have range more than his superhero scores have to show for it. I also think it's inane to think that Hans has more range b/c you find Williams' scores "boring". Maybe Williams' scores aren't your cup of tea, but it doesn't mean Zimmer has more range than him. Also what are these Williams scores you find "boring"? I didn't find anything boring about his scores for S:TM, Raiders, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade, Star Wars OT, and Hook to name a few.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote