View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #93
Xeno-noesis
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

I don't know how smart Vin is, as I suspect he may have used the wrong word in "brand".

I think many of you are off on what a brand is. Two titles which are the same product within a single company are not "brands" in any way, shape or form. Brands are similar products made by different companies, such as Coke and Pepsi, for competition. For movie studios, it would be Disney, Paramount and Universal. In comic film studios, it would be Warner Bros., Sony, Fox, and Marvel Studios.

GOTG is already a part of Phase 2 of the MCU so that doesn't count (and Iron Man is currently a member of the GOTG in the comics anyway).

The simplest and likeliest merge would be the Star Wars and Marvel Comics properties, however they are nearly similar as brands now (marketed the same as both have movies, comics, video games, etc.) and also owned by a single company.

*Edit - I wanted to add that the biggest money-maker potential of two brands would be Spider-Man/Avengers. Fox and Marvel do not have a good relationship but Marvel does with Sony. In this particular line of thought, Sony (by using Spider Man) could be the link between all three studios.

Last edited by Xeno-noesis; 09-10-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Xeno-noesis is offline   Reply With Quote