View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #85
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Batman Begins v.s The Dark Knight Rises

I think how Bane defeated Batman in the Comics was very interesting and well done, he did it psychologically before beating him phisically, the parts where he had his 3 henchmen fight him alone each at their time was also very entertaining.

From interviews i see Christopher Nolan thought the same thing about Bane, it's just a shame he has almost never been used properly in the comics after Knightfall. I think The Dark Knight Rises brought Bane into the mainstream and his mask is starting to get iconic.

However, if they use him in another film i would like them to aproach him as an oposite of Batman, in B&R he was an henchman, in TDKR he was a terrorista who tested Batman to his limits, in the next film i would like him to be somebody who like Bruce has spent many years perfecting his fight style, and look a little more military.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?