View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #81
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: The Twilight/Hunger Games demographic

I completelly agree, which is one of my problems in the Wonder Woman costume thread, one interviewer once asked George R R Martin how he writes women so well, he says that he doesn't think he's writting women, he thinks he's writting characters.

About romance in The Hunger Games i also think it was better handled there than in Twilight, it's simply better devoped and more complex, she liked a boy who she knows since youth and has to act as if she liked another one in order to survive. The Relationship between the fake lovers also starts to grow, as a man i think it is quite well done, and frankly, with so many movies where with all hot female characters after the main male i don't think it's a problem to have more female oriented films.

As i said though, Marvel has succeeded in interesting the female audience, i see as many fan girls invested as men, i just hope Marvel keeps it going this way.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote