View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #708
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I would like to see them continue featuring a supporting character or love interest in the Avengers movies. I would like to see Betty or Rhodey or Jane Foster pop up in AoU.
This is what can make Avengers & MU films so rich and would reward even casual filmgoers who should remember the main supporting characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Pepper's inclusion in TA made Tony's peril at the end of the film much more immediate and poignant for the audience. His last call to her and the shot of her watching him fly the nuke into the portal made the situation more intense and the danger more real.
Pepper, Rhodey, Jane & Betty should all feature in Avengers films, even if it's super brief. And if any of the individual heroes are facing a life-death situation, seeing some reaction from their other half/best friend will help bring it home to audiences. But even without that...their presence, no matter how fleeting, adds to the foundations of the film universe and binds everything together. Audiences have shown they like this kind of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I still rank Rhodey higher than "supporting character" when it comes to the Avengers, given his actual membership in the comic-book version of the group.

But yeah, I'd really like to see a callback to TIH with Betty and, more importantly imho, Gen. Ross in AoU. But, given the way Marvel Studios keeps trying to pretend TIH never happened, I strongly doubt we'll ever see any reference to the characters and events in that movie again.
He's more relevant during a global crisis as he's a superhero as well as a supporting character (as Stark's friend), and as you say a member of the team with plenty of history in the comics. Definitely want to see him appear in an Avengers film soon.

I don't think we'll see any TIH reference either any more. I'd want it if they were going to keep those same actors for a future Hulk film but otherwise it would seem pointless.