View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #725
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Makes sense - and might be what Vin was referring to when he talked about a merger of brands. The standard MCU six movie deal for Aaron Taylor Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen might include three Avengers and three Inhuman films. Vin Diesel as Black Bolt, two leads from the Avengers sequel and an enormous teleporting dog - sounds like a hit to me.

Any speculation as to the date when the twins new origin becomes canon in the pages of Marvel comics, and the heads of X-Men fans simultaneously explode? I'm guessing it will be addressed during one of the upcoming miniseries and before the release of DOFP.
I don't rule out the possibility of an Inhumans movie, nor retconning the Maximoffs to be part of that clan; but I don't believe Vin is part of it. I still believe Vin's collective comments lately point towards a more down-to-earth setup for him as Kingpin, in a Daredevil-Spidey (yes....Spidey) crossover.

If the twins turn out to be alien-ish (i.e., Inhumans), I'll be perfectly happy with the explanation. My only reservations on that would be just how many Inhumans *are* there? Wanda & Pietro were obviously not Inhumans in canon; *if* Marvel Studios chooses to go that route, I'd just hate to see the Inhumans become sort of a catch-all for heroes/villains whose origins can't be easily explained to general audiences. It'd be lazy writing if we start getting a ****load of non-canon Inhumans popping up all over the place.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014