Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -
When it comes to Marvel Films as of late, I don't think canon lineages or relations has been a big issue for them, let alone one that they'd feel being a necessity to show in their films. I mean look at how many canon familial bonds that they've ignored and thrown away in their past films?
1. Mystique and Night Crawler are not presented as Mother and Son as they are in the comics.
2. Rogue has no connection whatsoever to Mystique or Nigh Crawler for that matter.
3. Professor X and Juggernaut are not half/stepbrothers.
4. Heimdell and Sif aren't siblings.
5. I seriously doubt that Alex Summers is the younger brother of Scott after what we saw in "First Class".