View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #741
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Magneto's parentage of the twins may also be addressed. With dueling Quicksilvers on movie screens in 2014 and 2015, I can't see Marvel conceding the comic accurate version to FOX. With one retcon in the twins past, Marvel may decide its time for another adjustment.
Should Marvel change the twins' parentage in the 616 universe, they would simply be undoing a retcon that was unnecessary in the first place. It would make sense to change Wanda & Pietro's history to make Bob & Madeleine Frank their parents. It could be explained away as either a scheme of Magneto's to control them, as he had long sought to do, or an illusion engineered by Chthon with the intent of harming Wanda. Or there could be some other explanation since the current crop of comic writers have a seemingly endless supply of idiotic ideas at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Scarlet Witch is a major character in Uncanny Avengers at the moment, it's Quicksilver that's not being used much. IF they wanted to change the twins status in the comics, which I highly doubt, then the Inhumanity event would be a good place to do it. Supposedley, the Terrigan Mists are unleashed on Earth and begin affecting people, so that COULD be the way to make them Inhumans. I don't think it will happen, but there's always a chance.
Since the twins were born on Wundagore Mountain, a better explanation for their powers would be that the High Evolutionary's genetic experimentation or even the energies and chemicals he was developing affected them in utero. Their mother, Magda, and Madeleine Frank were both on or near the mountain while pregnant and could well have been affected by HE's experimentation.