View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #198
kguillou
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Hopefully they'd have shortened the fight scenes for more scenes of character development (not saying the two are mutually exclusive) but with nearly 5 minutes for Zod vs Jor-El, 10 minutes for the Smallville fight (from "you think you can threaten my mother!" to "this man is not our enemy"), 10 minutes for Superman battling the world engine (from tendrils to "It's up to you and Hamilton now") and then another 5 minutes bringing down Zod's ship and then 10 minutes for Superman vs Zod. Is it all necessary?
I see what your saying but, imo, I like long battle scenes, mostly because whenever I re-watch films I feel like the fight scenes are much shorter than I remembered them the first time ( In Avengers, the battle of New York scene seems shorter and shorter every time I watch it). So in that case I enjoy a good long battle that makes you feel satisfied when you watch it as opposed to "awww thats it? I want more!".

But I see what your seeing, perhaps some fat could have been trimmed. I'm just trying to determine what exactly inflated the budget of this film to 225 mill and if it could have possibly been reduced and still had an epic looking film. I mean say what you will about Sucker Punch but those battle scenes were incredibly well done and the film was only on an $82 million budget.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote