View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #968
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Default Re: Let The Claws Do The Talking - Rate & Review "The Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_SKE View Post
Thanks
Most of my friends liked "The Wolverine" (eventhough they are not Marvel fans, or American Comic Book Superheroes' fans on that matter) but they liked it because i think there are so many talents from Japan getting involved in this movie, and besides Hugh Jackman also gained huge popularity here since Le Miserables' big hit last year....so, no surprise i saw more people watch this movie on the 2nd day today.
Thanks for the answer. I was wondering if japanese people think that their country was represented in a cheap or stupid manner (often the case with Hollywood portraying foreign countries), but it seems this isn't necessarily the case with Wolverine. Hah, I didn't even remember the chopstick thing you noticed, seems like a nice touch.

I absolutely loved Fukushima and Okamoto. I knew nothing about them beforehand. And I'm not saying this only because I think they're very beautiful (as many japanese women are in my mind), I really liked how they managed to make me care about their characters. Fukushima was almost too good, she made Yukio a very exciting character and sometimes she drew my attention away from Jackman himself! Hiroyuki Sanada was of course the amazing presence he always is, even though his role wasn't THAT big.

Also, seems like I really need to see Les Miserables.