View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #123
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official 'I Still Love Ang Lee's Hulk' Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Its one of if not the best scene in the movie, great music as well.

Nolan did it better and made better movies, but he still took a lot of inspiration from what Ang did with Hulk, until BB no other CBM came close to delving into its main character/s as much as Hulk did. I think this is a big factor in why Hulk is so re-watchable.

Plus, the action scene's in Hulk put to shame every action scene in Nolans movies, so he didnt do that better, not by a long shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Nolan's action scenes fit Batman, just like Lee's action scenes fit Hulk. The difference is that I wasn't bored out of my skull when there wasn't action in Nolan's films.
Again I still say its this.......
He did it different.You have to remember Batmans platform is set up for that.They want to see batman brooding even if there is not that much action.Not the Hulk with the Hulk they want to see action smashing and more action.Then this would have played better as an undertone.Sort of like the tv show.

Batman Dark in the front action in the back.Hulk action in the front Darkness in the back.

Get me?

That would have worked.
Spiderman action in the front darkness in the back.Punisher darkness in front action in the back.
Believe it or not the Hulk might have even been more sucessful if you had just switched some scenes.
For instance play the desert scene first then play the others as a flashback and you have a totally different flick or make that movie now after
incredible Hulk and Avengers.Ill tell you somthing different.The anxioity of seeing Hulk smash things up was too strong to sit through the dark mellow drama.

Batman Dark in the front action in the back.Hulk action in the front Darkness in the back.