View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 01:06 AM   #63
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Default Re: Batman's fighting style - new Batman, what should his fighting style be like ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I hope we get some proper bone crunching action. Snyder will obviously do a great job, but I want Batman to be brutal. I want dislocated shoulders, bones snapping, crushed ankles, anything that puts a person down for the count. I've learned that if you deal with life and death situations, and you've got multiple opponents coming after you, you make sure the person you are currently dealing with, doesn't get back up to stab you in the back. If that means pulling his arm in a way that every muscle strand in his shoulder gets ripped to shreds, so be it.

I think this clip is a good example of the brutality I'd like to see.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Agreed. I would like to see a great deal of efficiency and variety to Batman's technique. Joint manipulations are definitely under-utilized on film, especially past Bat-films. Bruce needs to use brutal efficiency in taking out his opponents. That scene from Ip Man does show that idea, but style-wise it seems too choreographed and tournament-y (which makes sense given the scene.) I'd like for Bruce to have a rather non-descript style. It shouldn't look like typical kung fu or karate or what have you. It should look more like a modern defence art used by special forces or what have you.