View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #969
Marvel_SKE
Side-Kick

Default Re: Let The Claws Do The Talking - Rate & Review "The Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehmeh View Post
Thanks for the answer. I was wondering if japanese people think that their country was represented in a cheap or stupid manner (often the case with Hollywood portraying foreign countries), but it seems this isn't necessarily the case with Wolverine. Hah, I didn't even remember the chopstick thing you noticed, seems like a nice touch.

I absolutely loved Fukushima and Okamoto. I knew nothing about them beforehand. And I'm not saying this only because I think they're very beautiful (as many japanese women are in my mind), I really liked how they managed to make me care about their characters. Fukushima was almost too good, she made Yukio a very exciting character and sometimes she drew my attention away from Jackman himself! Hiroyuki Sanada was of course the amazing presence he always is, even though his role wasn't THAT big.

Also, seems like I really need to see Les Miserables.
thanks again for your concern,
There was a talkshow in our local radio a few weeks ago that discussing hollywood movies that used and respected Japan's culture. Recently, it seems that hollywood has made few movies based on Japan's culture (this year, there were Pacific Rim, 47 Ronin, GI Joe, and Wolverine). Before that there were Iwo Jima kara no tegami, Last Samurai)

The point made in that talkshow according to few listeners that this is a good thing, and of course, proud as Japanese.
But also, many people here assumed that the only thing that American people know about Japan were just samurai and ninja...It has become a stereotype, i think..considering that's the aspect that seems to be often portrayed by hollywood.. while in fact, our modern culture aspect has many more than just that.

Back to Wolverine, I can't wait to see it again...I'm planning to watch it again soon...
This movie is the best comic book movie this year, so far.. ( i believe until Thor 2 comes out)

Last edited by Marvel_SKE; 09-15-2013 at 11:30 AM.