View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 02:14 AM   #275
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Default Re: Overrated Comic Book Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATZARRO WWD View Post
I've always thought X-Men Uno was a bit rough around the edges. The characterizations are pretty great and the plot is good enough, but it's kind of...compacted. All too short, too low budget.

At the same time it's easy to think that in the year of The Wolverine and Man of Steel. Eventually the series bloomed and X2 is a very solid movie. It broadened the themes of the first and gave a grander spectacle.

Now, I think we all gave a pass to Batman Begins for being a serious take on the franchise, but looking back on it it's not that great. The fighting is pretty poor and the villains were not really that interesting.

But it's probably the most detailed superhero origin story to date, what with depicting everything down to buying supplies. The rough early days. Too bad they decided the days were going to stay mostly that rough forever because that's "realistic".
True.I gave it a pass originally,thinking "Heck,it's the early years.Sure, things will get more fantastic and sophisticated in the sequels."Didn't quite work out that way,but it's still one of my favorites.