View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #806
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Default Re: Official UNCANNY X-MEN Discussion Thread

My problem with X-Men student books isn't that there are so many of them or that they're being ignored, it's that they aren't moving on from being students. THAT'S why they keep getting lost in the shuffle of new characters. When the New Mutants hit issue 100, they left to become X-Force and became their own thing. When Generation X hit issue 75, they disbanded. Chamber became an X-Man, then a member of Weapon X, then a New Warrior, then an X-Man again. Jubilee, Monet, and Husk joined X-Corps. Then Husk and Jubilee joined the X-Men. Monet joined X-Factor and will be joining the X-Men soon. Sadly, Skin died.

Between New Mutants, New X-Men, and Young X-Men... that generation of students ran for 71 issues. Young X-Men 12 came out May 2009... 4 1/2 years ago, and these students are STILL students. Generation Hope came around and has since been mingled with the New X-Men kids. Now we have Jason Aaron's students showing up and mingling with them, and the Uncanny team's mutants.

I was hoping to see the New X-Men kids branch out like the original New Mutants did. I mean, their title was actually selling great before Marvel got relaunch happy and relaunched it as Young X-Men and killed it. Get that team together (Anole, Rockslide, Prodigy, Surge, Dust, Hellion, X-23, Mercury, etc.) and give them their own purpose. Move them on from being students.

But then, that might age their teachers too much

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote