View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #129
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: Batman Begins v.s The Dark Knight Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I think a lot of people wanted Bane to die a noble death, like killing himself after being defeated by Batman or something. But the whole point was to NOT give him that noble death. That was part of the mission at that point anyway, to die in "the fire". Letting him die on his own terms would be something of a victory for him.

Instead he and Talia both die in very unflattering, inglorious ways, unaware that their ultimate mission will fail. Poetic justice.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrute View Post
I don't mind Bane's death, but the one-liner from Catwoman kind of ruins it. I get she had to shoot Bane, but this being a Batman movie where he even tells her "No guns no killing" and then she kind of just dismisses it with humor was odd.
What's so odd about Catwoman teasing Batman in a humorous way? It's her MO essentially.

I thought that moment was pure Catwoman snark, very fitting for her character. Although the line did take me out of the scene a little bit on subsequent viewings. But I digress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanGoesToRio View Post
Sometimes I think the best way to end TDKR would have been the bomb exploding. Batman wasted so many time by making the fire signal, kissing Catwoman and talking to Gordon - and then - BOOM! Gotham is ashes.
Now that would have been a surprising end to the trilogy.
How very inspiring.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote