View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #57
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Default Re: Established Catwoman in this movie ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
But it does fit his character to a tee. Mr. Absolutism and Deontology all wrapped up in a crazy pants Bat-cowl because mommy and daddy got shot throws it out when a femme fatale makes eyes at him.

Batman is just so rigid and moralistic in his ethics that for him to break it repeatedly for a thief he cannot stop obsessing over is beautiful irony and human hypocrisy.

It's why even psycho-Undead kitty lady in Batman Returns gelled so much better with Keaton's Bruce Wayne than normal Lois Lane-knock off Vicky Vale ever did (and like we even need to mention Chase Meridian or Julie Madison?).

Superman is a "normal" Midwestern guy, so he relatively finds a well-adjusted normal spouse. Batman is kind of nuts, so he finds an equally unable-to-commit fetishist who is everything he hates (crime, crazy...a woman).

I have long understood the "Appeal" of their relationship.

I still find it mind numbingly overrated and there are other Bat related relationships I find more interesting.

And as far as I'm concerned, the BR Bruce/Selina relationship worked mainly because of the actors playing them. From a story standpoint, Selina ended up being as wrong for Bruce as Vicki was. I'll just leave it at that because I really don't want to get into a long winded debate about it.

Last edited by The Batman; 09-18-2013 at 08:21 PM.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote