View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #140
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

Default Re: Batman Begins v.s The Dark Knight Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Should it have even been emotional? The characters are apples and oranges, it's simply the way the death scenes were shot and executed that were similar to me. Dent was a tragic figure who we saw as a hero for 2/3 of the movie. His death has huge ramifications for Gotham and Batman.

Bane was a straight up monster. His death was purely a good thing and a welcome relief after 2 1/2 hours of him dominating everything. Hence Catwoman gets her one liner. The truly cathartic moment is when Batman defeats him.
The twist added a layer of humanity to Bane. He was not just a terrorist but someone who acted as a guardian to a woman since she was a young child.

Back on to his death- TDKR established Bane as Batman's toughest foe. In my opinion he should have had a death scene/end scene as epic as the ones in BB and TDK.

I would have forgiven it had Talia's death scene not been done with laughably bad acting.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?