View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #707
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
To put it lightly, I always knew that if he were to appear, Cyclops would only be in a single post-credits scene. There's no way to bring him back during the main story.

If worst comes to worst, I can imagine Sinister cloning him in a sequel.
Post-credits scene? Why? Him returning in the altered future makes complete sense. We're going to likely see a finale that ends with us seeing the new future, likely to include characters that are dead or die in the Sentinel-laden future. It's going to be obvious that any and all events between 1973 and the future setting are subject to have changed. It's an easy way to start fresh while still keeping the past films in continuity - they'll just be in a separate universe of sorts. My point is, they can easily have Cyclops and Jean alive at the end. And I'm pretty certain that's part of the game plan in the main storyline. We may see Storm, Iceman, Rogue, Kitty, etc. die in the movie, and they'll be back once the past has been changed because, as a result of it changing, none of those deaths will have happened. Okay, I feel like I'm being redundant, but, yeah, it can and probably will easily play into the "main storyline" - if it doesn't, what's the point of the film?