View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #729
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong folks, but didn't Singer originally have some big plans for Scott in his intended third X-Men film before he left the franchise back then to make Superman?
Nothing was ever confirmed, at least not back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I mean, with the way that he left X2, with Logan making it a point and saying that Jean chose Scott, along with how we got a moment with Scott and a unconscious Professor X in X1, with Scott saying that he would look after the X-Men and the school's students should anything happen to Xavier, it just made me think that Scott was intended to have a much bigger role in Singer's version of X3, especially with Emma Frost being written into the film.
Haha. Well, it wouldn't be harder for Cyclops to have a bigger role in Singer's film than in The Last Stand. That said, I don't think Emma Frost would have had anything to do with it, as she would have been older, and possibly a former love interest of Xavier's.

It has since been revealed, however, in interviews with X2 writer Mike Dougherty, that some of the ideas being tossed around for Cyclops in Singer's version of X-Men 3 are that a guilt-ridden Cyclops would have been responsible for building the Danger Room, pushing the X-Men to train harder, as if maybe the X-Men had been more prepared Jean wouldn't have died. That tidbit alone sounds like a better follow up than "Scott's a changed man..." *poof* and that he would have had a better role in Singer's X-Men 3.