View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #737
Farren
Side Kicker

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

I think ideally Fox would like to have their cake and eat it too. If they think they can make both FC 3 and X4 and make profits from them, they'll make them. I think the difference though is that that a third FC film is almost a sure thing at this point. If Fox has Fassbender, McAvoy and Lawrence on board for a #3, it's as good as made, especially because of Lawrence since -- deserved or not -- she is at the top of the casting lists these days.

I also see no reason to think that bringing the OT cast back was anything other than Singer's idea based on the plot he had in mind. I don't think Fox had any grand plans to return to the OT cast: I think in the wake of X3 they were hoping to create a bunch of Origins-esque spinoffs, but backed off when they realized the only character they had developed enough was Wolverine, at which point the plans for the OT cast were in limbo.

I do, however, think that Fox would like nothing more than to make as many profitable X-films as possible, and I wouldn't be surprised if Singer's storyline has Fox thinking they can find a way to use both casts in the future.