View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #510
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Iron Man 3 was a garbage cheesefest so I wouldn't even keep the DVD release if it was given to me for free.

But I don't own the making of book that im guessing some of the "booklet" is based on, nor do I care for any of the Blu-Ray artwork for each individual movie. So getting better art and that booklet is a good bonus for me. Honestly, I really hate the blu ray covers they've given us for Begins, Dark Knight and Rises..

Also my separate blu rays are a bit f'd at the moment. My Begins looks like its been tossed around the house forever and im sure I lost my copy of TDK. My copy of TDKR is fine but I just don't think that cover (flaming bat symbol behind a photoshopped batman) represents the film very well. It's more of an icey film.

So im due for an upgrade.

Never cared for audio commentary for films, so that doesn't bother me. I never expected new transfers and I care about good quality/imax etc..but I never seen the big fuss about how "bad TDK looks on blu ray". It looks OK to me. So I don't care if they didn't give us new transfers.

The special features is worth it and definitely a collector's item. So yeah, ill dish out the cash for this bad boy!

If there's ever a point where deleted scenes get released, maybe ill just be keen on watching them online. I mean, I do it with Batman Forever's deleted scenes. It's not a big deal for me.

The only way I would double dip with ANOTHER set in the future, is if a TDKR director's cut was released. But im sure they would release that as one film.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote