Originally Posted by DA_Champion
When it comes to this movie, we should hope for the best but expect the worst.
I can only see a number of outcomes.
It's a Superman/Batman movie, rather then a true sequel.
Thus, it's more of a stand-alone and doesn't develop its characters as much.
Or, it's a true sequel, which happens to feature Batman (optimal, IMHO)
There are several routes that I think will lead into a good movie.
- Goyer and Snyder learn from their mistakes
- Affleck "fixes" Goyer's script
- Snyder encourages more scenes straight out of the comics.
- They both ease up on the seriousness.
This can lead to a movie that is fun to watch and less demanding of criticism. The more a movie is viewed as a big-scale drama, the more it will be held to that standard.
- Jonah signs on and 'fixes' Snyder/Goyer's script.
- Goyer looks at Zack's stuff more critically, and this motivates him to work harder on his own part of the script.
And they get a better editor
Or Zack decides to do the Last Photograph and leave Affleck with MOS2