09-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Join Date: Feb 2013
Re: David S. Goyer IS the Script Writer! - Part 1
- Start where MOS left off.
- Don't leave the causulties/collateral damage go unaddressed. Mention that Superman spent day and night afterward searching for survivors to take to the hospital.
- Develop Lois/Perry/Daily Planet
- This INCLUDES the real Jimmy Olsen. Introduce him as an intern or something :P
- Develop Clark Kent
- Show the world's reaction to Superman. MOS kind of started that way, but it was then traded for more scifi battles and Kryptonian dialog.
- Which implies a real-world atmosphere. Keep it realistic-until a supervillain shows up.
- Then have that superpowered enemy be stylized and bring the genre to life
- This means bringing in a supervillain that can drop in and out of the plot at any time.
- As to not have the villain take over the story and overpower the character development
- Let Lex be a "hidden villain/secret mastermind" Do everything in your power to throw the audience off (full name, nice demeaner). Hair couldn't hurt
- Let Batman's role be minor, but important, enhancing the themes of MOS2
- Batman will get his sequel. Let Clark have his movie.
- I like the idea of Superman being framed by Lex, and Batman going after Batman to contain this threat.
- In regards to the fight, Batman should TOTALLY wear a robo suit.
- But this should not be his normal costume.
- The fight should take place at night. Stalemate is optimal, but if someone DOES win, it should be Superman.
- Most people want Batman to team up with Superman to take down the villains.
- I personally think Batman should leave Metropolis, knowing he failed his mission, but gained an ally.
- Note I didn't say FRIEND. I want a sequel to explore them becoming friends.
- Have Superman physically take on the henchman/prominent villain (I want Metallo) and confront Lex, but only using his words this time.
- I want Lex to escape the legal system. It makes him seem smarter, and adds a dark edge. And he can team up with a greater villain (Brainiac)for the sequel. And I want the immediate sequel to be a TRUE Superman/Batman movie.
- Lois should totally reprise her more investigative role.
- More Ma Kent scenes couldn't hurt.
- I think there should be about one or two flashbacks of Pa Kent, with Kent teaching EXTREMELY moral lessons to Clark.
- This can allow audiences to appreciate him more
- Kind of like Uncle Ben in Spider-Man 2. Have him take up no more then three minutes of screen-time, but that's really what it would take to reform his image (I hope)
- Okay, I totally want MOS2 to be a more dramatic Sm2