View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Default Re: David S. Goyer IS the Script Writer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
I just like the image of the climax of the film being Superman actively protecting civilians, not killing a big robot thing in the middle of nowhere/crashing a ship/killing a guy in a big spectacle fight scene where the civilian toll is basically unaddressed.
You've been right about a lot of things in the past few pages.

I agree with you about the stupid squid, it just didn't work at all. I, and many other people, think it was only in there because producer Jon Peters has been craving a fight between Superman and a giant robotic spider for 20 years now. It was in Kevin Smith's script. Apparently the giant metal spider also shows up in Mark Waid's Birthright. I agree that it's a stupid plot point and it weakens the movie, but it might have been a studio requirement.

I also agree that it might have been better not to introduce Metropolis in this movie. I'd go even further, that it might have been better for Lois Lane to have a minor role, even a cameo role or no role. It's better to tell one good story then a dozen half-complete stories. They tried to cover too much ground in MoS, they "tried to be epic" and we saw Krypton and Jor-El and Metropolis etc etc etc the result is that everything is half-assed everything.

I'm worried that they're going to try and be epic in BvS. Snyder has said the only logical outcome is to "go global".