View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #102
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

Default Re: Batman's fighting style - new Batman, what should his fighting style be like ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
I really think Watchman style of fighting(and costuming) is perfect for Batman. At the end of the day this is a movie. The fighting needs to look great on screen. Also they are limited by the suit.The thing is just too heavy and restricting to do the things in that Tony jaa video.

But again I'm biased because the Watchmen fighting can be brutal and gorgeous without looking choreographed.
I mostly disliked the fight scenes in Watchmen precisely because they looked so choreographed and over the top. It was as if Snyder in trying to sell some sort of realism with the violence ended up glorifying it by having things like absurd slo-mo shots of people's arms being broken and faces being bloodied. It actually had the affect of making the superheroes appear to have super strength and agility when none of them did Manhattan. Snyder's penchant for over-the-top action betrayed the effective banality of the source material and using that tactic with Batman would likewise come off as a hollow and shallow attempt to make the character (more) edgy.

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote