View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 11:49 PM   #11
smallville fan
Hero

Default Re: "...a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent": Does this not worry anyone els

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
batman and superman should not be on same intellectual level

clark was trained on a farm
This.

This Bruce Wayne has probably seen a lot and fought off many bad guys by this point. Of course he should know a thing or too more than Clark.

However at this point in both of their careers(especially Superman's) there will be some fundamental differences I see them both clashing over where one is right about something and the other is not and vice-versa.

One example is how they would handle situations where a villain is wrecking havoc somewhere and lives would be in danger. You see, Batman would approach it from a "look before you leap" standpoint. He would be analytical about it, he'd be the type to come up with an strategic solution to take out the bad guy while sitting in his Batcave in Gotham or within the Batmobile or wherever. However with Superman, he "leaps before he looks" in a single bound and perhaps thinks faster than a speeding bullet in that situation. He'll go in all guns blazing and try to take out said bad guy quickly and save said person ASAP.

Neither method is correct and neither method is wrong. With Bruce's method, more people are likely to die because he didn't show up on time but the bad guy would eventually be taken out with a great cost(think everything Jason Todd says in Batman: Under the Red Hood). With Clark on the other hand, he'll be more likely to fall into traps and get someone or himself hurt when his abilities are used against him, a good example of this which made me realize this was Injustice: Gods Among Us, the comic. In the first couple of chapters, Joker kidnaps Lois and when Superman goes to save her he breathes in Scarecrow's Kryptonite-Infused Fear-gas and I hope most of you know how that turns out, it's very sad for Superman.

For those who know what I'm talking about, what would've happened if it was Batman who walked in? I think things would've gone very differently. However this characteristic isn't always a bad thing. Given the level of opponents Superman faces who mostly have equal or greater strength and power set like Zod, Darkseid, Doomsday etc you gotta do what you gotta do before lives are taken.

I see them clashing over stuff like this. Bruce would tell Clark to step back and see the bigger picture and understand what your enemy is trying to do, however Clark would tell Bruce to grow a pear and get away from the computer and actually do something for once.

In the context of the movies, after what went down in Man of Steel, I think it'll be Bruce initially who's the wiser one telling Clark he needs to be more strategic etc and then later towards the end of the movie, Clark would be the one telling Bruce to get out of his chair and take action.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote