View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 01:10 AM   #107
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman's fighting style - new Batman, what should his fighting style be like ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Mass attacks are dog piles in real life, yes, but the person who ends up the focus of the attack is 99.9% of the time the one who is ripped to pieces unless he/she employs a very smart strategy of quick movements and very brutal attacks that is more about creating a break to run through and make an escape. I don't link vids but it somebody could show some Paul Vunak mass attack stuff, I think that would clear things up a bit.

All that being put out there, I would like a little more... Cinema styled fighting for a screen Batman. Since I don't consider Batman to be "the realistic super hero" it does not bother me too much if some of what is presented for Bats choreography wise is a little on the flowery and entertaining side. Just a smidge. I aint asking for Jet Li level wire fu here people. Let's not twist this.

Good to see someone else lives in the real world re multiple attackers.
Batman usually gets around this by picking off thugs one at a time, from behind, he uses hit-and-run, and goes on the offensive. As you say, it's about using brutal, quick technique to create a break.

I take your point about Bats not having to be totally realistic, but then
for this film he has to incorporate Superman as well - so how far can he
go ?

Spell it out for us brother, how far are we going here ? Obviously not
the matrix, so just how flowery is flowery enough, without turning into Crouching Batman Hidden Gotham ?

Nobody's mentioned Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse, now that film had some
very entertaining fist fights (plus the first "throat ripped out with bare hands" on screen). Probably a bit too balletic for Batman, but I think there's something to be said for looking back at 80's action flicks for fight scenes, maybe some Steven Seagall type action, who knows ?

great post. Cheers.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote