09-22-2013, 02:43 AM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Re: David S. Goyer IS the Script Writer! - Part 1
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco
- Start where MOS left off.
- Don't leave the causulties/collateral damage go unaddressed. Mention that Superman spent day and night afterward searching for survivors to take to the hospital.
- Develop Lois/Perry/Daily Planet
- This INCLUDES the real Jimmy Olsen. Introduce him as an intern or something :P
- Develop Clark Kent
- Show the world's reaction to Superman. MOS kind of started that way, but it was then traded for more scifi battles and Kryptonian dialog.
- Which implies a real-world atmosphere. Keep it realistic-until a supervillain shows up.
- Then have that superpowered enemy be stylized and bring the genre to life
- This means bringing in a supervillain that can drop in and out of the plot at any time.
- As to not have the villain take over the story and overpower the character development
- Let Lex be a "hidden villain/secret mastermind" Do everything in your power to throw the audience off (full name, nice demeaner). Hair couldn't hurt
- Let Batman's role be minor, but important, enhancing the themes of MOS2
- Batman will get his sequel. Let Clark have his movie.
- I like the idea of Superman being framed by Lex, and Batman going after Batman to contain this threat.
- In regards to the fight, Batman should TOTALLY wear a robo suit.
- But this should not be his normal costume.
- The fight should take place at night. Stalemate is optimal, but if someone DOES win, it should be Superman.
- Most people want Batman to team up with Superman to take down the villains.
- I personally think Batman should leave Metropolis, knowing he failed his mission, but gained an ally.
- Note I didn't say FRIEND. I want a sequel to explore them becoming friends.
- Have Superman physically take on the henchman/prominent villain (I want Metallo) and confront Lex, but only using his words this time.
- I want Lex to escape the legal system. It makes him seem smarter, and adds a dark edge. And he can team up with a greater villain (Brainiac)for the sequel. And I want the immediate sequel to be a TRUE Superman/Batman movie.
- Lois should totally reprise her more investigative role.
- More Ma Kent scenes couldn't hurt.
- I think there should be about one or two flashbacks of Pa Kent, with Kent teaching EXTREMELY moral lessons to Clark.
- This can allow audiences to appreciate him more
- Kind of like Uncle Ben in Spider-Man 2. Have him take up no more then three minutes of screen-time, but that's really what it would take to reform his image (I hope)
- Okay, I totally want MOS2 to be a more dramatic Sm2
Your ideas seem to severely downplay Batman on purpose.
POLITICS AS USUAL.
Originally Posted by Gu3ree
To me, Man of Steel just felt to me like Snyder and Goyer tried to make Superman look less, and simple next to Batman, like yeah Superman is good, he's cool, but not as interesting as Batman.