View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #41
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Default Re: "...a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent": Does this not worry anyone els

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Superman coming across as Robin might be the most ridiculous concern people have had yet.

He's Superman, who has been saving lives for much of his life. Not a teenage kid with no experience.

I think the "older, wiser Batman" thing is an interesting and appropriate dynamic, as that's kind of always been the tone struck between Batman and Superman in modern comics anyway, even despite their closer ages. They've got something to teach each other, and more in common than they think. Batman has a more methodical, strategic way of doing things, and Superman isn't the cynical fellow Batman is, he operates with more hope for humanity.
That's all well and good if you trust in the screenwriter and the director's ability to handle the subject matter well. I don't. I think having Batman be the more experienced hero playing out as Superman being the sub in their relationship is one of many legitimate concerns.