View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #17
Chris B
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3...Love it or hate it? - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Didn't Tony blow up & destroy Killian / Mandarin in one of his suits, so not sure how he is going to work with some development, except to say they did bring back Coulson so I suppose they could do it with Killian too. However, I would still prefer if they could come up with a logical way for Kingsley to return as the real Mandarin. He was way more menacing as a villain then Killian, and he is the only one I would want to see return as the Mandarin.

Surfer
I think they left it ambigous enough where they could easily bring him back if the wanted to.

Quote:
Why is it *vastly* more likely that Killian is able to put his body back together after it has been blown to bits? I mean sure they are bringing Coulson back after what appeared to be a terminal wound, but I don't think Marvel should bring back every character that dies especially one that would have been destroyed so completely. I mean you seen how Jack Taggert exploded, there was nothing left.
I was under the impression that Taggert's body wasn't really accepting Extremis, hence why there was nothing left of him. Conversely, Killian was able to survive Mark 42 exploding while encased in it. IMO, its not a stretch that he could've survived the missle detonation.